- Monday | 24/12/2018 to Wednesday | 02/01/2019
- All Day
- The Advent Centre, Crawford Place, London, W1H 5JE
- 020 7723 8146
We need your help! We’re opening the Advent Centre again as a winter shelter for homeless guests during the Christmas period.
Volunteers are needed for the following:
We are again looking for volunteers for this year to cover the following areas:
· General cleaning and setting up
· Cooking meals (Food Hygiene Certificate required)
· Health and Well-being (nurses, doctors, opticians, dentists, massage therapists, first-aiders)
· Clothes Distribution (sorting, categorising and distributing)
· IT Technicians (set-up and supervise Internet Cafe)
· Return to Work (assistance with CV writing, job hunting and advice)
· Games/Entertainment (supervise, socialise, hospitality)
· Sleepover (supervising, ensuring all is well throughout the night)
How to volunteer
We still have plenty of shifts to fill. We’re using SignUp.com to organise the daily schedule for our volunteers which will allow you to manage your shifts and help us keep our volunteer-to-guest ratio at an appropriate figure. You can see which shifts are available and share with your friends and family who may want to consider volunteering and helping make the festive season special for others.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/vxjhkTV
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s easy ‒ you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
“Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
How to donate
If you cannot attend but wish to make a donation, donations can be paid directly into our bank account, the details of which are below:
Name: The Advent Centre
Sort code: 40-‐45-‐28
Account no: 21165003
Reference: Advent Shelter
Donations can also be made in the form of a cheque made payable to ‘The Advent Centre’ and sent to Advent Shelter, The Advent Centre, 37 Brendon Street, London W1H 5JE.
Clothing & Bathroom Supplies
We do still require clothing donations and other various items so have compiled a selection together that we would appreciate whether new or used (but still in immaculate condition).
- – T-shirts various sizes (male and female)
- – Warm winter jumpers (male and female)
- – Under garments (new): vests, pants/boxers, knickers, thermals
- – Winter socks
- – Casual socks
- – Winter hats
- – Winter coats
- – Gloves
- – Scarves
- – Fleece jackets
- – Trousers varying sizes
- – Other various Items
- – Toiletries (soap, shower gel, etc)
- – Bath towels
- – Flannels
- – Sleeping bags (3 or 4 season)
- – Christmas crackers
- – Games
You can deliver your clothing donations to the Advent Centre from 17 – 20 December from 10.00am – 8.00pm. For further information, please contact Malika: 07877 183505, Godwin: 07866 367797 or Natalie 020 7723 8146.