- Sunday | 26/05/2019
- 12:00 pm
- Croydon SDA Church, 95 Selhurst Road, South Norwood, London, SE25 6LH
Calling all home chefs! Are you up for the challenge of cooking your best vegetarian or vegan starter, main or dessert dish live in the church hall?
This event will consist of up to 9 home chefs competing in one of three categories for one of three prizes:
- Best dish in category (starter/main/vegan dessert)
- People’s Choice Winner
- Title of Grand Veggie Home Chef
Home chefs will face-off to either:
- transform a regular everyday dish which usually uses meat or fish as a main source of protein, replacing it to create a vegetarian or vegan dish; or
- transform a classic vegetarian main or starter into a vegan dish.
All dessert entries must to be transformed to vegan. Final dishes, presentation and performance will be judged by 3 Judges; all other guests in attendance will then vote for their favourite dish in each category and favourite dish overall.
Enter Now! (**Registration extended to 25 May**)Register now
Also available on the day:
- Silent auction
- Table top sale
- Crafts and more
This event is not only designed to appeal to veteran veggies and vegans, it is also for those new to the lifestyle, or even those curious attendees who are interested in making healthier food choices.
Everyone agrees that one of the hardest parts of becoming vegetarian or vegan is knowing what to eat, and how to prepare it. Those in attendance at our event will become aware of how to create veggie and vegan recipes, have a chance to taste various dishes, and of course experience the live cooking competition!