- Friday | 02/04/2021
- 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Watch online
Join us for our first ever virtual communion. This experience will include prayer, readings, an uplifting message, and music. The pastoral team will guide you through the process of receiving communion. All you need to do is follow along online.
Please begin the ordinance of humility (foot-washing). Be ready with your elements:
- Gather your family
- Set aside warm water for your basin, and towels (for families or groups of 2 or more only)
- Set out communion emblems
How to Take “Virtual” Communion
We’ve prepared some guidelines below to prepare for Communion, which we hope you’ll find useful.
Spiritual Preparation: Revisit the gospel account on the sacrifice of Jesus. (See Matthew 26:26-30, Mark 14:22-26, Luke 22:19-20, and 1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
Collect or arrange delivery of the emblems needed for Communion: The final day for collection was on 30 March and deliveries have already been made to senior members. If you haven’t received a communion package please call Pastor Royston (07854239922) or Pastor Andrew (07710615567). Alternatively, you can follow the steps below for preparing your own bread and wine.
Prepare your own emblems for Communion:
- Purchase grape juice
- Purchase unleavened bread/baked crackers or bake your own. Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to make your own. This should be prepared the day before or the morning of the scheduled Communion.
Foot washing: For families or groups of two or more, set aside basin and hand towels for foot-washing.
Family Dinner: Sit down together as a family. No phone, TV, tablet, etc. Just you and your family. If it is just, you at home, host a “virtual dinner” with family and/or friends over FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype.
During dinner, discuss the following question: “How have you grown/changed throughout lockdown?” You are also encouraged to develop your own questions. The goal is for you and your family/friends to spend some quality time together.
Share with us
After participating in “virtual” Communion we invite you to:
- Share your reflections on your experience.
- Let us know how many in your home participated in receiving communion.
- Feel free to snap a quick photo and include it in your email as well.
Contact us at: email@example.com