- 11:30 am - 1:15 pm
- Watch online or visit Croydon SDA Church, 95 Selhurst Road, South Norwood, London, SE25 6LH
Join us for communion in-person or virtually! This experience will include prayer, readings, an uplifting message, and music.
If you can’t make it in person and will like to take communion from home, then this section is for you.
Schedule for Virtual Communion
Please begin the ordinance of humility (foot-washing). Be ready with your elements:
- Gather your family
- Set aside warm water for your basin, and towels (for families or groups of 2 or more only)
- Set out communion emblems
How to Take “Virtual” Communion
The pastoral team will guide you through the process of receiving communion. All you need to do is follow along online. We’ve prepared some guidelines below to prepare for Communion, which we hope you’ll find useful.
Revisit the gospel account on the sacrifice of Jesus. (See Matthew 26:26-30, Mark 14:22-26, Luke 22:19-20, and 1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
Collecting emblems needed for Communion:
You can collect your communion package on the following Saturdays between 1pm and 2pm:
+ 25 September
+ 2 October
+ 9 October
Arranging delivery of the emblems needed for Communion:
We can arrange the delivery of emblems to senior church members. Please call Pastor Royston (07854239922) or Pastor Andrew (07710615567) to arrange the delivery.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below for preparing your own bread and wine.
Prepare your own emblems for Communion:
- Purchase grape juice
- Purchase unleavened bread/baked crackers or bake your own. Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to make your own. This should be prepared the day before or the morning of the scheduled Communion.
Foot washing: For families or groups of two or more, set aside basin and hand towels for foot-washing.
Family Lunch: Sit down together as a family. No phone, TV, tablet, etc. Just you and your family. If it is just, you at home, host a “virtual lunch” with family and/or friends over FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype.
During lunch, discuss the following question: “How have you grown/changed throughout lockdown?” You are also encouraged to develop your own questions. The goal is for you and your family/friends to spend some quality time together.
Share with us
After participating in “virtual” Communion we invite you to:
- Share your reflections on your experience.
- Let us know how many in your home participated in receiving communion.
- Feel free to snap a quick photo and include it in your email as well.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org