When: Every Tuesday at 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Where: Croydon SDA Church Hall, 95 Selhurst Road, London, SE25 6LH (access via side entrance)
Contact: 07930 167 812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In May 2016 our church set up the Selhurst Community Kitchen to provide nutritious food for the most vulnerable people living on the streets and others in need in Croydon and the surrounding areas. From 2020, as a result of the pandemic, we extended our activities to providing a Food Bank. With the number of homeless people increasing each year, the Selhurst Food Bank & Community Kitchen is committed to making sure that as long as this crisis continues there will be hot and healthy food available to those in need. This can only be done with your continued support in both donations and volunteering.
The Selhurst Food Bank & Community Kitchen is open all year round, and serves freshly cooked hot take-away meals, as well as parcels of food and toiletries to anyone who turns up, regardless of their circumstances. We also provide clothing. Please just come along and enjoy the company of our community.
Items to donate
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to adults in crisis.
Please bring in your donations on Tuesdays between 5pm and 7:30pm. We run our Foodbank and Community Kitchen from the church hall which can be accessed from the side entrance when you enter the church yard.
Take a look at our donation list to see what items to donate, and don’t forget that we also accept essential non-food items such as toiletries and hygiene products, helping people in crisis to maintain dignity and feel human again.
Our volunteers are ordinary people making a big difference to the lives of many. We constantly need new volunteers to help us provide a range of services. Volunteering with Selhurst Foodbank & Community Kitchen can give you life skills, organisational skills and an unforgettable experience. We can use your help for 1 to 2 hours on Mondays or Tuesdays to:
- Pack food/toiletry parcels
- Make parcel deliveries to households (clean driver’s licence required)
Call us on 07930 167 812 if you have any questions about volunteering. If you would like to volunteer at our Foodbank & Community Kitchen, please complete our simple and short Volunteer Registration Form.
Useful Resources for Homelessness
- Find homelessness services in your area through the homelessness search tool.
- Receive support from Citizen’s advice on housing and council support.
- Receive support on housing from Shelter.
- Receive support from Nacro if you have a criminal conviction.
- If you are 18 to 24 years old and homeless, get employability support from the Youth Employment Skills Programme.
- Check out the Help to Rent database by Crisis, for financial support on housing.
- If you know anyone that is rough sleeping, please contact Street Link.
- Call 0808 2000 247 (free National domestic Violence Hotline) if you are facing domestic violence or know someone who is.