Youth of today: Leaders of tomorrow
The teen years mark a key transitional stage in life. Moving from childhood to adulthood is an upheaval! but God uses times of change to bring great growth. That’s where the Youth Ministries team comes alongside parents—helping young men and women know God intimately, read His Word accurately, share and defend their faith, serve others, and develop deep relationships.
Connecting points for youth
Our AYS programmes take place every Sabbath at 6:00pm (spring/summer) or 5:00pm (autumn/winter) and are open to everyone, so feel free to join us, regardless of your age.
To view the Croydon Youth Choir Reunion Concert visit the the youth choir page where we celebrated 21 years of our very own exceptional Croydon Youth Choir!
Pathfinder Club is an active way for 10 to 16 year olds to learn more about God, while also developing key life skills. Our Club is committed to understanding and training its members in leadership and service. We want to give them opportunities to work together and learn lessons of organisation and resourcefulness. The Croydon Club leader, Tessa Ifield, is passionate about helping our young people develop physically, socially and spiritually.
Club members get to take part in a wide range of activities, including arts, outdoor activities and team games. We also help members learn and develop skills such as drumming, and we take trips to visit with the elderly. We believe in encouraging our young people, so we award honours in recognition of achievements made within Pathfinders Club. Our Club Sessions operate three times a month:
- Saturday 5:00pm – 7:00pm (2nd and 4th Saturday of the month)
- Sundays 12.30pm – 3:00pm (2nd Sunday of the month)
We also have several exciting events planned for the next few months, including:
- Team building challenge
- Bank Holiday camping trip
- Pathfinder Camporee – An international camping trip with clubs from all around Europe
- Community service
- Visiting the elderly
- Community march
- Drilling, drumming & marching boot camp
We will be relentless in our pursuit to live passionately for God, to love and serve teens with the passion that only God can ignite in each of us through the Holy Spirit. This is who we are!
Teens have their own weekly Sabbath School lesson, and we encourage you to study so you’re prepared for class. The lessons are available online at www.cornerstoneconnections.net and they are specifically structured to help you understand the Bible and relate it to your own life.
We teach the weekly lesson study in an exciting and fulfilling way. This involves:
- Greeting teens at the door and ensuring they feel at home
- Organising class potlucks and social events
- Visiting assigned students and families in their homes
- Relating to teens/parents in a loving and respectful manner
- Noting missing members and encouraging them to come back to class
- Calling our teens during the week to encourage and pray with them
- Looking for opportunities to encourage our teens to accept Jesus